Monday, February 4, 2013

We all want to fight.

2013 U.S. Air Force Warrior Games Selection Camp
  

We all want to fight for what we believe in.

If we didn't, we wouldn't want to compete. We wouldn't have shown up.

We wouldn't have tried.

But we did. We do.

 We were Airmen once and wore the uniform. Some of us still are.

Even if it's just in our hearts, it still counts.

I fight for my family. I fight for my home. Don't we all want the same things?

A nice, clean place to live. Good food. Good friends. Relaxation and joy.

By being a part of the Warrior Games, I hope to earn another life experience. Not money or fame, but educational life experience. I see the opportunity to be part of something bigger than myself once again. And along the way, there will be chances to learn from people I have not yet been exposed to.

The journey of our lives is often lost on the daily drudgery of task oriented behaviors. I for one, try to enjoy as many of the little things as I can, while I have the opportunities. From the small smiles I receive in the morning from my children, to the warmth of my bed when I can be home sleeping next to my wife... these are the joys I find the most worth fighting for.

I am eager to learn what other Veterans fight for. I hope to know how I can help my fellow Veterans even more after this experience.

Is anyone else motivated in the same ways I am?





  

No comments:

Post a Comment