Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Now, After" (PTSD From A Soldier's POV) [contains graphic imagery]

I found this video the other day while tracking down some military related YouTube videos.

It was created by a US Army Staff Sgt. named Kyle Hausmann-Stokes.

After he was discharged from the military, he went to film school at USC.

I watched it through in its entirety and then went to bed thinking about it.

It is a very realistic (in my opinion) depiction of what it can be like for a returning Veteran, attempting to reintegrate into our modern, American society. When I stumble across media like this, it most definitely gives me pause.

I pause to remember those that were lost. I pause to remember that I am ok.

Share this with your friends.

Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment