Saturday, February 2, 2013

Leaving with a new hope.

As I make my way to the airport, I am reminded of just how beautiful Colorado Springs is. How can one not notice the dramatic rise of the mountain to our west?

Sometimes, all we need is a little hope in our hearts, in order to move to the next phase in life.

With my participation in the Warrior Games Selection Camp, I have seen so many young Veterans who are fighting to succeed in the "normal" world.
Their stories, triumphs, and struggles guide me down a path for good.

I am, at least by appearance, whole. So I must work harder to help my brothers and sisters, who might not be as fortunate as I.

We are only just beginning this journey of life after the military, and I know that each new day will bring with it new opportunities to help my fellow Veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment